Degrees, Certificates & Credentials
Paying for College
Impact of the CSU
Teacher and Educator Preparation
Business & Economy
The CSU System
About the CSU
Graduation Initiative 2025
Why the CSU Matters
Faculty & Staff
Doing Business with the CSU
Transparency & Accountability
Support the CSU
Support the CSU
CSU Job Listing Details
October 10, 2018
Open until filled
Faculty (Unit 3)
Link to Apply Online:
Campus Employment Homepage:
Child Development: California State University, Sacramento invites applications for a tenure track position in Child Development at the Assistant Professor rank beginning Fall 2019.
Required qualifications include:
• An earned doctorate in Child Development, Human Development, Developmental Psychology, Early Childhood Education, Educational Psychology, or a closely related field is required. All degree requirements must be completed by August 2019.
• A strong background in developmental theory and research methods (quantitative and/or qualitative).
• Demonstrated focus or emphasis in a specific developmental area (e.g., learning and instruction, language, social/emotional, cognitive).
• Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience working with children, adolescents, students and/or families from diverse backgrounds.
Preferred Experiences / Desired Qualifications:
• A clearly-defined program of research and demonstrated success in research and scholarly activities.
• Demonstrated experience and effectiveness in college level, undergraduate and/or graduate level teaching.
• Personal characteristics evidencing leadership and strong interpersonal skills in a multicultural environment.
• Research experience with diverse populations.
• A strong background in application of developmental theory to specific settings (e.g., education, family, community)
• Experience in educational/learning settings with a focus in curriculum design OR expertise in language from a developmental perspective.
Students in our department come from diverse academic, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds; faculty and staff are committed to equity and diversity programs that ensure student success in our disciplines. The Child Development Program faculty further values leadership potential, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with children, students, families, and communities representing diverse populations from diverse backgrounds. Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in Child/Human Development; maintaining a rigorous program of research; supervising and sponsoring student scholarship; assisting with advising and curriculum development and assessment; working collegially with other faculty in a multicultural environment; and contributing to service in the program, college, university, and community. Salary is dependent upon qualifications and professional experience. Submit 1) a cover letter describing interest and qualifications for this position; 2) a current curriculum vitae; 3) unofficial transcripts of all graduate-level work (official copies required if offered the position); 4) a statement of teaching philosophy (which incorporates a diverse perspective in teaching) and recent data on teaching effectiveness or teaching portfolio if available; 5) a diversity statement; 6) a writing sample (e.g., a recent publication); 7) a statement of research interests; 8) the names and contact information of three references who can speak to the candidate’s professional qualifications (no letters required). Screening of applications to begin on January 7, 2019. Position is open until filled. California State University, Sacramento is an employer with a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas https://www.csus.edu/diversity/. Applications are only accepted through the California State University, Sacramento jobs website located at http://www.csus.peopleadmin.com. AA/EEO Employer. Clery Act statistics available. Mandated reporter requirements. Background check (including criminal) required.
Back to Top